How to Make Best Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
Prep: 20 m
Cook: 15 m
Ready In: 35 m
- 2 cups flour all purpose
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 baking soda
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- chilled in freezer, and cut into thin slices
- 3/4 cup cold buttermilk
- 2 tbsp buttermilk for brushing
- add all ingredients to list
- Preheat oven around 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Line a baking sheet using a silicone baking mat; or parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking, soda together in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture, with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs for about 5 minutes.
- Make a well in the center; of butter and flour mixture.
Then, pour in 3/4 cup buttermilk. Stir until well combined.
- Turn the dough into a floured work surface; then, pat together into a rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle in thirds. Turn dough a half turn; then gather any crumbs; and flatten back into a rectangle.
- Repeat twice more; folding and pressing dough a total of three times.
- Roll dough on a floured surface for about 1/2 inch thick.
Cut out 12 biscuits; using a 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter.
- Transfer biscuits to the prepared baking sheet.
Press an indent into the top; of each biscuit with your thumb.
- Brush the tops of biscuits, with 2 tablespoons buttermilk.
Bake in the preheated oven; until browned for about 15 minutes.