Fried Chicken Recipe With Buttermilk
- 1 broiler fryer chicken or about 3 1/2 pounds (cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ts paprika
- 4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 cups oil
- In the a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan, whisk together flour, pepper, salt, pepper, paprika and sugar.
- In the a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, baking powder, and baking soda until smooth.
- Dip each chicken piece buttermilk mixture, shaking off excess. Roll in flour mixture, and then dip into buttermilk; and flour mixture a second time. Place on a baking sheet fitted, with a wire rack. Refrigerate it while heating oil.
- Heat oven around 175°. Place oil in a large lidded, heavy bottom dutch oven. Heat oil to 360° over medium high heat. Place half of the chicken. pieces, skin side down, in the oil. Cover, and reduce heat to medium.
- Fry chicken about 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Check after 4 minutes to make sure chicken is browning evenly. Rearrange if necessary.
- Flip chicken over,; and then fry an additional about 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden and temperature registers 170° on an read thermometer.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet fitted, with wire rack and place in oven to keep warm.
- Return oil to 360°, and fry remaining chicken pieces. Serve warm.
Happy cooking 🙂