- 3 cups dried fusilli pasta
- 50g baby spinach, roughly shredded
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 x 285g jar piquillo peppers, drained, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Cook the pasta in a large boiling saucepan; salted water by following packet directions; until tender and then drain. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Set aside to cool.
Combine mayonnaise; lemon juice; and thyme in a small jug. Season with pepper and salt. Drizzle salad, with dressing. Toss gently to combining. Serve it.
- You can use a barbecue chicken in applying this recipe or if you want to save your money, grill or bake 2 large chicken breast fillets.
- Piquillo peppers are a variety of Spanish chilli which does not need heating. Traditionally, they are stuffed with seafood, meat and cheese, and served as tapas. You can find Jars of roasted piquillo peppers in the supermarket.