Healthy Delicious Chicken Parmesan baked Ziti
Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti-If you are a pasta lovers, you will love too this chicken parmesan baked ziti! It comes together easily and quickly with a few simple ingredients. The perfect dinner for everyone in your family, they will love on any night of the week!
1 (16 oz) pkg, Ziti pasta (you can use penne or rigatoni)
24 oz jar pasta sauce
1, 8 oz can tomato sauce
4 breaded chicken strips breaded of medium of Parmesan (precooked)
1 (8 oz.) package shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven about 375 degrees. With non stick cooking spray, lightly spray a 11×7, or 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot, or dutch oven, cook pasta in salted. Boil water based on the package directions, less 2 minutes of cooking time. (I cooked for 8 minutes to al dente.) Drain the pasta, and returning to the stockpot. Toss it with the jar of sauce, and can of tomato sauce.
- In the microwave, defrost breaded chicken strips for about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer it to a cut board and slice it into medium bite sized pieces.
- Then, ladle half of pasta; and sauce mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the chicken; and half of the mozzarella cheese. Layer, the remaining half of pasta and sauce, and top with the remainder of chicken, and mozzarella. Add the Parmesan to the top.
- Bake at 375 about 20- 25 minutes or until the cheese becomes golden brown. Remove from the oven, and let it cool about 5-10 minutes before serving it. Top with fresh chopped basil; if desired.
Happy Cooking 🙂