How to Make Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
The Chicken Parmesan sandwich is taken and inspired from classic Italian dish. It makes a hearty lunch, or dinner.
- 2 large egg whites (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tbs grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 8 chicken breast tenders or about 12 ounces
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 4 or 2 ounce sandwich rolls
- 1 cup bottled tomato and basil pasta sauce (warmed)
- 1/2 cup or 2 ounces shredded provolone or part skim
- mozzarella cheese
fat 14 g
carbohydrate 55 g
monofat 3 g
satfat 6 g
fiber 7 g
polyfat 1 g
protein 38 g
iron 16 mg
sodium 942 mg
calcium 227 mg
cholesterol 66 mg
This dish will give you 20 percent of your daily calcium.
How to Make It:
- Preheat broiler and place egg whites in a shallow dish. Mix breadcrumbs, and 2 tbs Parmesan cheese in a separate shallow dish. Then, dip the chicken tenders in egg whites and dredge it in breadcrumbs.
- Melt butter, in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and then cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in center. Set aside.
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally. Place rolls on the a baking sheet; crust it side down, and broil 8 inches, from heat until lightly toasted about 1 minute.
- Spread pasta sauce over bottom halves of rolls, top it with chicken tender; then cutting to fit if necessary. Top by using sauces. Then sprinkle in each, with shredded provolone. Remaining 2 tbs Parmesan. Place bottom halves under broiler, to melt the cheese about 3 minutes. Top by remaining roll halves; and then serve it immediately.