Cream Sauce In Chicken Penne Parmesan Pasta
Chicken penne Parmesan cream sauce pasta-This dish is so creamy, and stuffed with great ingredients. Ok, Let’s make it.
2 cups dry penne pasta
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbs flour
1 cup chicken broth
5 tbs Parmesan cheese
1 cup milk I used 1%
Pepper and Salt to taste
- Cook the penne pasta based on the package directions. Drain it, and add to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, chop the chicken breast into small pieces, and sprinkle the pieces with pepper and salt.
- Coat your skillet with 2- 3 tsp olive oil.
- Preheat the skillet over medium high heat until hot. then, place the chicken in the skillet, and then reduce the heat to the medium and cook it until the meat is no longer pink, and the juices run clear.
- As the chicken cooks; stir the pieces occasionally, so that they are brown evenly. If some pieces start to brown quickly, reduce the heat to medium low.
- For preparing the creamy sauce; combine butter, olive oil, and minced garlic in the medium sized pan over medium to low heat. Once, the butter is completely melted, whisk in the flour until a thick mixture, has been created. Slowly add in the chicken broth, and then slowly add in the milk. Increase the heat, and allow the mixture to get boiling point, and then reducing and allowing to simmer until thickened stirring. Add in the Parmesan cheese, and season with peeper and salt to taste. Stir with the sauce and stir for more than one minute.
- Add the cooked chicken, and tomatoes to the bowl with the pasta.
- Pour the sauce over the ingredients, and stir it until well combined.
- Sprinkle the extra cheese on top, add more or less to personal preference.
- Serve immediately.
Happy cooking 🙂