Healthy Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Recipe
Creamy chicken and mushroom pasta-Pasta is mostly considered as comfort food. It’s hard to beat a good. Warming bowl filled with your favorite pasta; particularly, when the days get chillier. Pasta is creamy and comforting. Moreover, it is healthy, and also adaptable.
- 120g fettucine pasta (I used & recommend Rizopia brown rice pasta)
- 5ml or 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 200g chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 25g or 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/4 beef stock cube
- 60ml or 1/4C water
- 1/4tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- sea salt (to taste)
- 30ml or 2 tablespoon white wine
- 1teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 80g or 1/3C half fat creme fraiche
- 15g 3% cream cheese
- 250g cooked chicken breast (sliced)
- Boil the kettle ready, for your pasta.
- Heat a non stick frying plan, to get high heat and add 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, then fry until browned (a few minutes).
- Cook your pasta based on the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, to the frying pan; add the remaining ingredients apart from the cream cheese and creme fraiche. Stir well to combine, and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Topping up the water if necessary. Stir well in the cream cheese and creme fraiche.
- Add the mushrooms back to the pan along, with the chicken breast sliced.
- Stir to coat in the sauce, and then allow to the heat through and simmer. Add water to bring the sauce, to the consistency your desire.
- Serve it with the pasta and enjoy it together with your family!