Diabetic biscuits recipes are one of requirements that you must consider in eating foods. The reason why I said that because, if your had diabetic; the single thing you eat can trigger serious problems. Diabetic is disease where your blood sugar, blood glucose are over high. Glucose comes from foods that you eat. Insulin is a hormone which is used to help glucose get into cells and then give them energy.
Why I must reading it?
There are various kinds of biscuits recipes for people who had diabetic such as biscuits recipes with oats, chocolate chips, tesco, and peanut butter. These recipes are sure good to hit the spot. We made smart ingredients recipes which are sugar free and without artificial sweeteners. They can increase glucose if you consume them over. Getting healthy by avoiding them. Check out the diabetic biscuits recipes collection to get more ideas.
Sugar Free Regulach
225g (8 oz) butter
350g (12 oz) plain flour
1 dessertspoon vanilla essence
225g (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
For the filling
300g (11 oz) free sugar apricot preserves
175g (6 oz) chopped sultanas
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
125g (4¼ oz) chopped walnuts
- Cream both ingredients cream cheese and butter in the an electric mixer bowl and then, blend in the vanilla. Add and Mix in the flour and the last chill the dough.
- Making the filling: Mix together chopped walnuts, Cinnamon and the chopped sultanas.
- Divide the dough to be 4 equal portions. Roll out each portion into a 25 to 30cm circle. Then, 25cm thick on a floured board or between two grease proof paper sheets.
- Spread the apricot light layer into each dough circle. Sprinkle each them, then circle with approximately 4 tablespoons chopped nut mixture.
- Cut circle into 16 wedges by using pizza cutter or a pastry cutter. Roll wedge from base to point. Place point down or baking lined parchment tray.
- Bake it in around 15 to 17 minutes at 190 C per . The gas mark 5 until golden. Remove it into cool racks.
Diabetic Biscuit Recipes
Sugar Free Biscuits
2 ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups (185g) plain flour
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup (155g) rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream the butter until fluffy and light. Add bananas and mix it well. Mix in the vanilla and eggs.
- Sift together the flour, salt, ground cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda and ground nutmeg. Add the mixture to creamed mixture and all mix well. Stir in the chopped nuts and oats. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat in the oven to 190 degrees C. baking trays. Lightly grease.
- Drop chilled size teaspoon rounds of biscuit dough into the prepared baking tray. Bake it in the preheated oven for around 10 to 12 minutes.