How to Make Easy Healthy Pumpkin Doughnuts
Easy healthy pumpkin doughnuts – This year, I try to decide to make pumpkin donuts. The ingredients of it is really easy to find and very simple. Beside, there was easy to make and my my though that they were delicious. You can make it quickly and it becomes choice to celebrate all.
- 500 gr (3 3/4 cups) bread flour
- 50 gr milk powder
- 11 gr (4 tsp) instant yeast
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) castor sugar
- 200 gr pumpkin, steamed and puree
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 ml cold milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75 gr butter or margarine
- Mix first 4 ingredients (flour, milk powder, yeast and sugar).
- Add in pumpkin, egg yolks then stir while adding the milk. Continue until well incorporated and a dough is formed.
- Add in salt and butter, knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Move to a clean bowl, apply some oil to prevent sticking. Cover with a plastic wrap or damp towel then let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- When it has doubled in size, knead the dough for a while so it become elastic again.
- Divide into balls 40-50 gr then make rings using a mould or manually with your hand.
- Let them rest for 20-30 minutes then fry with medium heat until it’s brown and cooked, flip. Do the same on the other side.
- Remove the donuts to a cooling rack set over paper towels to remove excess oil before serving.