How Effective Egg White Mask For Acne and Pimples?
Egg white mask for acne and pimples – One of the functions of egg whites are used in homemade for facial masks to treat acne and pimples. Making this natural facial mask is really cheap but the result is effective. You don’t need special skill and even expensive ingredients. Let’s check it.
How Effective Egg white to Treat Acne?
- Egg whites can reduce discoloration of the skin which is caused by acne.
- Egg white masks really tone and firm the skin.
- One of the best way to use egg whites as a facial mask is by beating them into a meringue like foam first.
- Adding lemon juice in egg white can help to loose blackheads, and whiteheads.
- It is better to you not to use egg yolks on your skin. Because, they are easy to be contaminated by bacteria, than egg whites. They also can react to benzoyl peroxide.
If you are afraid of the contamination caused by egg; you can use pasteurized egg whites as your mask.
How to Make and Use Your Own Egg White and Lemon Juice Mask
One of effective ways to use egg whites as a facial mask to treat acne is by combining egg whites with lemon juice. The lemon juice has function to loosen clumps of dead skin cells; at the openings of pores, and on the skin. The egg white sticks to the clumps; so that they can be easy washed off the skin.
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- One clean mixing bowl, and two smaller clean bowls; and two clean towels.
- A copper mixing bowl is good since it can stabilize the foam by whipping the egg whites. (But remember, do not add cream of tartar to this mixture; to make the egg whites fluffy. It is not good for your face.)
How to make and use:
- Break the eggs, and separate the egg whites. Place the yolks in other place (you can cook it then), and place the whites in the mixing bowl.
- Cut the the lemon in half; and squeeze the lemon, through a strainer (to get seeds) into the other small bowl.
Take about 15 ml or 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and then add to the egg whites.
- Whisk the egg whites and lemon juice until. You will get a white foamy; meringue like mixture; which begins in showing peaks.
- Wash your hands well, and cleanse your face. Pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Apply the egg white mixture over your face. Allow it to dry around 15 minutes. Then, rinse off with warm water. Pat your skin dry face, with the other clean towel, and inspect in the mirror.
Your egg white, and lemon mask must leave your skin with a more even finish; and deeper tones. It probably doesn’t have an immediate effect on acne blemishes; although it can loose lighten pimples and blackheads. After you have inspected your skin; apply a light moisturizer to your face, to seal in the moisture left in your skin, by the mask.