How to make Grated Potato Pancakes
Grated potato pancakes-Grated potatoes are one of recipes which is prepared by mixing the potatoes with other ingredients and then, they are fried in a pan. Potatoes must be cooked rapidly after they are peeled in order to prevent their flesh from browning. This recipe is according to my mother. It is very delicious and yummy. Let’s cooking.
- 2 Cups raw potato (grated)
- 1 small onion, grated (optional)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon white rice flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- oil for frying
How to make:
- Grate potato into a bowl, of ice cold water. Drain in colander, and squeeze out any excess moisture. Dry bowl; and put potato back in with the rest of the ingredients. Then, mix well.
- Heat about 1/4 oil in skillet, over medium heat until hot. Drop by tablespoon full, and flatten with back of spoon. Fry until brown, and crispy then turn back and cook other side.
- Adjust the heat in order the pancake are brown but not blacken. Makes it about 10 pancakes.
- Serve with sour cream, or applesauce.
Happy Cooking 🙂