Health breakfast Egg muffins with spinach-Healthy,delicious breakfast egg muffins with spinach. This is simple recipe but has great taste. Low carbs, and high in protein. It’s perfect as a full meal; or filling snack.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 bell pepper (your favourite colour)
- 3 spring onions
- 4 little cherry tomatoes/one normal tomato
- 6 eggs
- 1 handful spinach or green leaves
- 2 slices cheddar (2 slices = around 50 gr; you can use different cheese too)
- ½-1 tsp salt
- 4-5 splashes hot sauce; or curry powder.
6 slot muffin tin
Baking paper or muffin cups (only if you don’t have a nonstick muffin tin)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F.
Wash; and dice the onions, pepper, and tomatoes. Then put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Wash the spinach, lightly chop it; and add it to the bowl as well.
- Add the eggs; and salt. Mix well. Pro tip crack the eggs; separately before adding. That way, if you want to get a dodgy one; it does not ruin the whole meal.
- Optionally adding some hot sauce; curry powder; whatever you like. Hot sauce is really great!
- Grease the muffin tin; with oil, and kitchen paper/baking brush; and pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin slots. (Yo can stick to the pan using; some muffin cups; or cut out some baking paper; and to use as cups. Definitely saves time; on doing the washing up.
- If you are so inclined; then layering some cheese over, the top of each muffin, before they go into the oven is a delicious addition. You can also mix, in the cheese to the batter.
- Pop the tray into; the oven for about 15-18 minutes or until the tops, are firm to the touch.
- Bon Appetit!!