Baked Chicken Parmesan
Health baked chicken Parmesan-My family and I very love this dish. It is perfect for a weeknight yet. You can bake this without the sauce and cheese and sauce. An Italian classic dish, lightened up. Baking the cutlet as opposed to fry really lightens this dish up, while remaining really moist and full of flavors. Serve the dish over pasta, or with a large salad to keep it on the lighter side.
- 4 about 8 oz each chicken breast, fat trimmed and sliced in half to make eight
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, I used whole wheat
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted or olive oil
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, I used Polly-o
- 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly.
- Combine breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese in the bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter, onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on the baking sheet, and repeat it with remaining chicken.
spray lightly a little more oil on the top and bake in the oven or Teflon around 25 minutes.
- Remove it from oven then, add 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken, and each top with 1 1/2 tbsp using shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake more than 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- The dish is ready to be served.