- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 6 cups less sodium chicken; broth or stock
- 2 large carrots; peeled; and cut into chunks
- 3 stalks celery; cut into chunks
- 1 onion; roughly chopped
- 2 packets ramen noodles
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Coarse; or kosher salt; and freshly ground pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Remove all of the meat; from the rotisserie chicken. Set aside the skin; and bones;and every other little bit left from the chicken. Shred the meat; into bite sized pieces.
- Place the chicken broth in a large pot; and add all of the bones; and skin from the rotisserie chicken; along with the carrots; celery; and onion. Bring to a simmer, partially covered. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill another large pot with water; salt it lightly; and bring to a boil, on another burner. Cook the ramen noodles; (discard the flavoring packet) just until barely tender, stirring so that they separate. Drain; and leave in the colander for a moment.
- After 20 minutes (you can cook, it up to 45 if you have time), strain the broth through a sieve, into the pot you cooked, the noodles in.
- Add the dill, and the reserved shredded chicken, and return to a simmer. Season with salt; and pepper. Stir in the noodles, and serve hot in bowls.