How to Make Cream Cheese Cauliflower Soup Low Carb
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 small shallot; or 1/4 small onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups grated cauliflower; about 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (chopped)
- 3/4 tsp seasoned salt (I used Lawry’s)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp gluten-free or all-purpose flour (see notes for brand used)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (divided)
- 2 cups milk, I use skim
- 8 oz Greek yogurt or cream cheese blend; or 1/3 less fat cream cheese; softened to room temperature
- Melt butter in a large soup; pot over medium heat. Add shallots; and garlic then sate until shallots are starting to become tender for about 4-5 minutes. Stirring often to avoid burning the garlic. Add the cauliflower, fresh dill; seasoned salt; and pepper then stir well to coat cauliflower in butter. Add water; then place a lid on top, and steam cauliflower until tender for about 7 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile whisk 1/4 cup chicken broth; and flour together in a small bowl then set aside. Add remaining 1 cup chicken broth; and milk to the soup pot; add more pepper; and then turn heat up to medium high; and bring soup to a gentle bubble; stirring occasionally. Turn heat back down to medium; then stream in chicken broth/flour mixture; stir to combine; and then simmer until soup is slightly thickened for about 5 minutes.
- Then, divide cream cheese; into thirds in wrapper; scrape into the soup pot. Switch to a whisk and then whisk soup until cream cheese is fully melted; and incorporated.
- Taste it and then add salt; and pepper if necessary. Then, let soup sit; and thicken off the heat for about 10 minutes before serving.