Home Remedies for Anxiety and Stress
Natural remedies for anxiety and stress- Anxiety is considered as a normal response to stress or dangerous situation which sometimes referred to as “fight” response. Anxiety becomes serious problematic when it is constant reaction to an inappropriate circumstances.
Constant anxiety can cause insomnia, digestive problems, high blood pressure, and panic attacks. Most of the problems is triggered by stress, caffeine or sugar intake excessive alcohol, thyroid problems and hormone imbalance. But, don’t be afraid of this. There are a few natural remedies for anxiety. By eating certain foods, utilizing essential oils, and taking supplements, you can reduce your anxiety naturally at home.
Foods For Anxiety Relief
- Foods high in B vitamins :Wild caught fish, brewer’s yeast, grass fed beef, poultry, and green leafy vegetables are the source of B vitamins. They help us to regulate our mood.
- Dairy and other foods high in calcium :Calcium is one of a relaxing mineral which can reduce our anxiety. Foods which contain good source of calcium are wild caught salmon and sweetened organic yogurt.
- Magnesium rich foods :Magnesium helps calm many people. Foods contains high magnesium including avocados, nuts, and sea vegetables.
- Omega-3 fatty acids :Cold water and wild caught fish reduce the inflammation. Beside, it helps to stabilize our mood. Omega 3s also contain DHA which as vital for brain function.
- High sugar foods: Sugar can make your blood sugar high and low throughout the day increasing anxiety.
- Caffeine: Too much caffeine can cause more anxiety. Limit coffee or black tea to no more than one cup per day.
- Alcohol: it is one of anxiety causes like symptoms. It is not a positive way to manage stress.
- Processed and refined flour: these foods act are very similar to sugar in the body. It lead to fluctuations in mood swings and blood sugar.
Top 5 Anxiety Natural Remedies
This is one of an adaptogenic herbs which has been shown in improving anxiety symptoms by reducing stress affection the body.
5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) (50-100 mg 2x daily)
Increases serotonin; a calming neurotransmitter. Attention not to take with any prescription antidepressant or anti anxiety medications.
Kava (200-250 mg 3x daily)
It can be used to relieve panic attacks, and reduce overall anxiety. Do not over consume alcohol, and ask your doctor first if you are taking other medications.
GABA (500 mg 3x daily)
An amino acid that is useful to decrease anxiety in the nervous system. It also can help relax muscles.
Magnesium and Calcium (500 mg Calcium and 250 mg Magnesium 2x per day)
Both of this minerals can relax muscles, and help calming the nervous system. Magnesium makes diarrhea. So that, be careful with the dose.
B vitamins help stabilize your mood and combat stress. Make sure that the supplement including vitamin B6. Take 50mg 2x daily of a B Complex.
Essential Oils For Anxiety
Lavender oil shows to reduce an anxiety, and help relax the body. Put 3 drops of lavender oil in your palm, and rub onto your neck for natural anxiety relief. Beside, also roman chamomile oil is effective to make stress and anxiety lower.