Peach Pie with Crumb Topping
How to make peach pie with crumb topping – The peach pie using delicious; spiced crumble mixture topping. They are chopped pecans; or walnuts, but feeling free to omit them. The pie shell is fresh from the oven but the microwave is used; to cook the pie with filling, and topping.
- 2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled & sliced about 4 cups
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
How to Make It
- Combine the peaches with the sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and cinnamon and toss lightly.
- Spoon the peach mixture; into the baked shell; cover with wax paper, and microwave on high for about 5 minutes. Turning halfway through the cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine the topping mixture; with a fork until well blended; and crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping; over the peach filling; and microwave on high for about 4-5 minutes or until topping is set.
- Let the pie stand; until cool.