How to Make Raspberry Bars Topping Coconut Crumb Recipe
Raspberry bars topping coconut crumb recipe – Coconut; an oat; crumb crust; and topping are used to make layered raspberry bars. It is easy to bake and prepare. Enjoy it with your family.
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg (well beaten)
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam; or raspberry preserves
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (packed)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4). Grease a 9 inch square baking pan; or spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl; combine the butter; flour; granulated and brown sugar; oats; and beaten egg. Beat with an electric mixer; on low speed; scraping the bowl occasionally; just until the mixture is blended but still somewhat crumbly.
- Reserve 2 cups of the crumb mixture; then set aside; and pat the remaining crumb mixture; over the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Spoon the raspberry jam; evenly over the crumb layer; spread to cover to within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Sprinkle coconut; evenly over the jam layer.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture; evenly over the coconut layer.
- Bake for about 45 minutes; or until the crumb topping is lightly browned.
- Cool completely; before cutting into squares.