Roast beef marinade recipe-An eye of round roast; is one of the best choices for this oven roast. But it can be made with, a sirloin tip roast or a similar roast or use a rump roast. The marinade can help tenderize, and flavor the beef.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crushed
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 boneless rump roast, about 3 pounds
How to Make It
- Combine water, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, thyme a large resealable food, storage bag (large enough, to hold the beef roast).
- Pierce the roast all over with fork; place in bag. Close bag; and turn to coat thoroughly. Seal, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Turn bag, occasionally.
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Remove the roast from bag; return marinade to refrigerate.
- Place the beef; on the rack in shallow pan. Roast uncovered, for about 2 hours.
- Put the reserved marinade in a saucepan; and bring to a rolling boil. Boil; for about 1 minute.
- Baste the roast; with marinade during the last 30 minutes of roasting time.