- 1 pound pasta
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup coarsely; chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan (for serving)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water; stirring occasionally; until al dente; drain; and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12 skillet; or wide heavy saucepan; over medium high. Add garlic, pepper, tomatoes, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally; until tomatoes burst; and release their juices to form a sauce for about 6–8 minutes.
- Toss pasta with tomato sauce and basil. Top with Parmesan.