Slow cooker chunky vegetable soup-This recipe makes perfect your weeknight after getting busy day. The green beans; carrots taste soft, and chewy once cooked while; the corn kernels, and diced tomatoes merge deliciously with the other vegetables, while offering juicy flavor.
- 1 cup fresh, or frozen cut green beans
- 4 carrots; cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large red potato (cubed)
- 2 ribs celery; cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup diced, sweet onion
- 1 cup fresh, or frozen corn kernels
- 2 or 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher; or sea salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 2 cups vegetable broth; fat-free
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 or 15 ounce can Great Northern beans; drained
The last half hour of cooking; remove 1/2 cup of ingredients; and mash well, using a fork. Return to the slow cooker; stir; and continue cooking for about 30 minutes. This helps, to thicken the soups.