How to Make Smoked Beef Brisket Recipe
Smoked beef brisket recipe – This is my second time making it. Yummy delicious. I cannot express it with my words. Enjoy it.
- 1 1/2 cups paprika
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp celery salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 3 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 trimmed brisket, about 5 to 6 pounds
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients; and blend well.
- Trim the brisket, leaving about 1/4-inch of fat. Season the brisket; with about 1/4 cup of the rub. Let the brisket marinate; overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill to 250 degrees F using charcoal; and hickory.
- Using indirect heat, cook the brisket for about 3 1/2 hours; and flip. Cook another for about 3 1/2 hours; cooking for a total of 7 hours. (About 1 1/2 hours per pound.) The brisket should cook; to an internal temperature; of 185 degrees F.
- Rest for about 10 minutes; on a cutting board before slicing. Slice brisket against the grain.