- 19 inch unbaked prepared piecrust
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (white, and light green parts)
- 1 pinch freshly, ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup regular; or light sour cream
- 3 ripe beefsteak, tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded, cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup regular; or light mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dust a work surface, with a small handful of flour. Roll the dough into a 12 inch round, about 1/4 inch thick. Use it to line, the 9 inch pie plate, folding over the excess edges, of the dough and crimping, them if you’d like. Chill in the refrigerator, for about 30 minutes or up to overnight (cover lightly, with plastic wrap if chilling, for more than 2 hours). If you are using, a prepared piecrust, skip this step.
- Slice the tomatoes, in half lengthwise, and core them. Squeeze out any seeds; and liquid. Thinly slice the tomatoes; and place them in a colander in the sink. Sprinkle with salt, and let them drain for about 10 minutes. Once drained; and pat the slices gently using paper towels.
- Layer the tomato slices, basil, and scallions in the prepared piecrust. Then season to taste with pepper and salt. In a medium bowl; combine the cheddar, mozzarella, sour cream; and mayonnaise. Spread the cheese mixture; in an even layer on top, of the tomatoes, and bake for about 30-35 minutes; until lightly browned. Let the pie cool; slightly and cut into slices. Serve warm; or at room temperature.